Integrating OneQA in your existing work flow can significantly decrease the time you need to spend on preparing or reporting a test. This article will describe the ways its possible to integrate OneQA in to your environment.
OneQA can help you do quality controls on 3 different levels
- Test Automation, the most basic way of using OneQA is to just write and use test procedures to automate the work you need to do.
- Workflow Automation, by using a pre-built integration for one of the CMMS solutions we support your work orders can automatically be updated with test results and reports.
- Workflow Integration, using OneQA’s powerful set of APIs it is possible to customize how the application fit in to your specific workflow creating a seamless experience to prepare, start and report.
In most cases the workflow will be driven from the CMMS system used. OneQA connect in to this workflow to do your checklist including safety and performance testing with fluke devices. OneQA is a cloud solution but integration is done with the local application to also support testing in offline cases.
By installing an additional plugin with OneQA it can interact with some CMMS solution where we have a pre-built connection. What the connection to the CMMS can do varies dependent on the CMMS capabilities please contact us and we can tell more if and how we can help with the CMMS you use.
The following CMMS solutions currently have pre-built support, but please check back as we continuously work on adding new solutions to the list.
By using the OneQA API integration it is possible to make a custom fit of OneQA as a test tool in to your workflow and existing environment. To build a custom solution based on OneQA we have prepared two integration points that you can use.
- Command Line Interface, a way of starting the application and run a procedure or view a specific test result, asset or procedure inside OneQA.
- Auto Export Results, by configuration its possible to have all new test results automatically exported by the application.
Command Line Interface
The command line interface can be used directly with the application and during installation we also register OneQA as a Windows URI scheme handler so that it can be accessed by the use of a URI. Using URI links it is possible to access OneQA from any web browser or other application that can open a web page in windows.
Auto Export of Results
When a new result is ready OneQA can automatically export a report and all of its data. Results can be saved to a local folder or picked up by some other application for further processing and sent/stored to any location on local network as well as in the cloud. The results are available as a PDF report according to your custom template for archiving and all its source data in JSON format for further processing.
To learn more about how you can use any of the two integration points please see the attached PDF document at the end of article that include the full technical description of how they can be used.
If you have any further questions on what can be done or need assistance please reach out to our support team and they will help you.